Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Technology

Technology is something I would consider myself having a love hate relationship with. I love using technology for my own personal fun and to keep in contact with friends but I tend to have daily issues with technology and different technological things. My SEDU class is helping me get over all of my issues with technology but I am still learning. So far I really liked using Livetxt and Google docs even though their were minor issues with Google docs. I feel like these tools and more can be used often in a classroom setting. 


Livetxt would be great to have in the classroom for discussion and for letting the children express how they really think about something without being judged. The only issue I would have with Livetxt would be if the school I work at didn't have the actual product I don't think we would be able to use it because many elementary children do not have cell phones.


Google docs is a great tool especially when you want the children to take learning and school work home with them. Children can do group projects without having to meet up when everyone can and such. Another good thing about Google docs is that the teacher can watch your progress and see who is doing what.


Technology....the love and the hate.

2 comments:

  1. Google docs is a very useful in group projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Livetext can become your own personal assistant, keeping track of documents for you without the use of paper (paperless class??) would be super awesome! Google docs can be useful for teachers and students combined - a great organizational tool for the cost of nothing. A good read, I agree with your points.

    ReplyDelete